Doing a software or system update on your Vivo Y18L is required to maintain the smartphone secure and functioning smoothly. A software update provides the latest security patches and bug fixes for your Vivo device. Additionally, recent Vivo Y18L software versions run better than previous versions due to optimizations.
Most of those updates will seem automatically on your smartphone screen. In case you would really like information and don’t want to attend too long, you’ll check yourself for the newest updates, use the newest update software. Additionally, you’ll research other customer reviews and choose best”, the simplest and most effective options.
You can update Vivo software at no cost. Install the latest version of OS. software update fixes slow issues and installs new features.
You may downgrade or upgrade the software update with flashing. Flashing will fix software issues, IMEI associated problems, and improve device performance.
Be aware: — Software Update deletes your data permanently. So, back up all personal data like images, contacts, and apps.
Why need to Update Software?
It’s a good idea to update your smartphone software to the latest version. Software updates frequently consist of software patches. They cover security holes to keep hackers away from your device.
Before Software Update
Earlier than the update, Your smartphone battery must be above 50% and need to have an active internet connection.
Software Update Via Settings
- Open the Settings menu on your Vivo Android smartphone.
- Next, find and choose the software update option. (search on the search bar)
- Subsequent, you can see the latest software version, if available.
- Now, tap on the download button.
- Subsequently, the software is being downloaded and wait for some time.
- Once the download is entire, click on verify and install.
- Afterward, you may see a popup message “to install upgrades, you want to restart your smartphone. Do you want to continue”?
- After that, tap on the OK option.
- Your smartphone will be restarted and install the new software.
Software Update with Recovery
Android phones with Android 8 and higher cannot flash with a lower version (you can check the current version of your Vivo Y18L Android phone in Settings>Find and select the System Update).
Step – 1
- If your smartphone is on, turn it off by holding down the power key.
- In this step, hold down the
- Power and Volume Up keys.
- Power and Volume down keys.
- Release all keys, when Fast boot mode on the screen.
- Then choose Recovery option, by using volume buttons, and press power button to choose it.
- Now select the clear data option.
- In this step, choose Clear all data option and tap on Ok.
- After complete the process, select the Return option and go to main recovery screen.
- Finally, choose Restart option and tap on OK.
- Next, download the Firmware file and move it to drive storage (Do not put the file in the folder).
- In this step, locate the downloaded firmware file from storage.
- Subsequently, tap on the firmware file and install it.
- Your device will begin updating automatically.
- Ultimately, your device should boot to the new version.
Step – 2
- First, turn off your Vivo Y18L Android mobile by holding the power button.
- Next, hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds.
- Volume down + Power button.
- Release all buttons, when Fast boot mode on the screen.
- Next choose Recovery option, navigate with volume buttons and press power button to choose it.
- Now select clear data option.
- In this step, select clear all data option and tap on OK.
- After complete the process, choose the Return option and go to the main recovery screen.
- Finally, select Restart option and tap on OK.
- After wiping completed, again go to recovery mode and choose the install option.
- Then locate the Downloaded Firmware file from the storage.
- Tap on the firmware file and install it.
- You have successfully updated firmware.
Exit Recovery mode
In case you are stuck in recovery mode or need to exit recovery, observe these steps.
- Once you enter the recovery Mode menu.
- Choose the Reboot system option, using the volume keys, and confirm with the Power key.
- In a while, Your device will be rebooted automatically.
- You have successfully exited recovery mode.
How to Stop Vivo Update?
The system update or software update cannot be stopped once it begins (means when you tap on verify and install). And if you force ending update, it would damage your smartphone. We advise you not to attempt it.
Android Flashing means removing the stock firmware from the Android device and changing it with the same version or some other version. You can flash your device with a flash tool.
You can downgrade or upgrade the Android firmware with flashing. Flashing will fix software problems, IMEI associated issues, and improve device overall performance.
Software Update with Flash Tool
- Download the flash file, flash tool, and USB drivers on your PC.
- In this step, Install the USB drivers for your Android mobile.
- Subsequently, launch the Flash tool on your computer.
- Now Power off your mobile.
- Then, press and hold
- Power and Volume Up keys.
- Power and Volume down keys.
- In this step, connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Browse the flash file in the flash tool and click on the download button.
- Now flashing start on your phone.
- Flashing takes 10 to 15 minutes. Please wait until flashing completed.
- After flashing completed, Your device automatically rebooted.
- Now flashing done on your mobile.
- Ultimately, remove the phone from the PC.
Download Stock ROM or firmware
You may download the firmware for your Vivo Y18L smartphone at no cost. Follow the beneath steps to manually download the ROM or Firmware.
Download Flash Tools
Right here, you can download the latest and best flash tools for flashing any Android smartphone firmware. See the link below to download Flash tools.
Download USB Drivers
Right here, you could download and install USB drivers for free on Vivo Y18L Android mobile device. We provide official links to original device manufacturers’ sites for downloading drivers.
Proceed at your own risk. Mediatech99.com is not responsible for any error or damage to your device while performing the following operation.