In case you do no longer know the username and password and do not access the router’s configuration utility, you’ll not be capable of update any security settings. In case you do not remember the router’s username and password, or if your login credentials do not work, you want to reset your router.
Rebooting the router and resetting the router are two specific strategies. The reboot is a simple process and has to be tried earlier than you perform a reset. If rebooting does not resolve the router issue, resetting the router continues to be available.
Right here, you can learn how to factory reset your Actiontec router. You do not want tools to reset with these methods.
This post offers you entire information about how to reset the Router to Factory Defaults. We additionally provide Reboot methods of routers. When you forget your router password, you have to reset your wireless router to the factory default settings. And also you need to reboot your device in case your router does not work well.
Select Router Model
- Actiontec GT784WNNF Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec gt784wn-01 Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec MI424WR-02 Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec R1524SU Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec V1000H Router Hard Reset
- ACTIONTEC GT704WR Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT704 Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT784WN-NF Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT704WGB Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT704WG Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec Gt784wnv Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec Mi424-wr Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT701D-NF Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec PK5001A Router Hard Reset
- Qwest Actiontec PK5000 Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec C2000A Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec Q1000r Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec Verizon Fios Router Hard Reset
- Actiontec GT784WN Router Hard Reset
Difference between Reset and Reboot
Reset and reboot sound pretty similar, but they’re technically quite different. There’s a big difference between resetting a router and Rebooting a router. In case your Wi-Fi is slow, your Wi-Fi is not working, or you are having problem connecting devices to the Wi-Fi, then both of these methods can help. Reboot means, refresh the router.
Additionally, there are subsets of these terms, along with hard reset and soft reset. Resetting involves changing the router settings returned to its factory defaults. Possibly you have forgotten the password of your Actiontec router, and now you want to reset the password. You need to hard reset the router, then you may use the default password to access your router.
Reboot your Actiontec router
Method – 1
- Unplug the power connector from the lower back of the router and plug it back in.
- Look ahead to 30 seconds for the router to reboot.
- Ultimately, power on your router.
Method – 2
- Open any net browser (like Firefox or Google Chrome, and so on).
- In this step, enter the IP address.
- Now, enter Username and Password.
- If you didn’t change these, you’ll find the default username and password on the back or bottom of the router.
- Visit the maintenance or tools tab.
- Next, click keep and restore settings or system options.
- Then click on Rebooting or Reboot the device.
- On this step, anticipate awhile, Now you are done Rebooting efficiently.
Actiontec Reset with Button
That is the best way to reset the Actiontec Wi-Fi Router. All routers have this reset button. Delete all net or wireless settings on your device (IP addresses, DNS information, Wi-Fi password, and so on.).
Method – 1
- Confirm that your router is presently turned on and plugged into a power source.
- Now, find the round Reset button on the back or bottom of your router.
- Afterward, take the end of a paperclip or pin.
- Now hold down the reset button for 15 seconds.
- It’ll take a few seconds to finish the reset.
Method – 2
- Switch on your Actiontec router.
- Subsequently, find the Reset button on the router.
- After that, keep down the RESET button for more than 10 seconds.
- Now, release the Reset button after the power LED light starts flashing.
- In the end, The Router will automatically reboot.
Note: Resetting the router does no longer reset the firmware to an earlier version. It’ll most effective change all settings back to manufacturing facility defaults.
Reset via Web-Based Configuration Utility
To reset a Actiontec router with a web-based configuration utility, you need a fundamental knowledge of computers and browsers. With this utility, you may effortlessly reset and reboot. You do not want to download any software or tools for this method.
Method – 1
- First, open any net browser (like Firefox or Google Chrome, and so on).
- In this step, enter the IP address
- Subsequently, enter Username and Password
- In case you didn’t change these, you’ll find the default username and password on the back or bottom of the router.
- Then go to system or system tools (that is special depending on what type of router you have).
- After that, search for restore or factory default.
- Next, click restore or reset and ok to confirm.
- Wait for the router to reboot.
- Reset completed on your Actiontec router.
Method – 2
- First, open any internet browser (like Firefox or Google Chrome, and so on).
- In this step, enter the IP address
- After it is carried out, enter Username and Password
- If you didn’t change those, you will locate the default username and password on the back or bottom of the router.
- Go to the maintenance or tools tab.
- Subsequently, select save and restore settings or system options from the left side of the router page.
- Then click on the restore device or restore factory defaults.
- Now anticipate some time, Now you’ve completed the factory reset successfully.
While resetting your modem or router, do not interrupt the process by clicking the link, closing your browser, or turning on the device. Doing so will damage the firmware.
Access to the user interface
- IP address: 192.168.100.1, 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254
- Username: admin or blank
- Password: admin or blank (depart this box blank)
If the default IP, username, and password do not work, look in the back of the router
- Verify that your router is currently turned on and plugged right into a power source.
- In this step, establish a connection between the device and the router via a network cable or Wi-Fi.
- After it is completed, enter the IP address or URL in the address line.
- Now confirm with the input button.
- After that, enter the username and password in the open interface.
- Then confirm once more.
If you are trying to fix the trouble with the router by resetting it, and it does not fix the trouble, it may be time to replace it with a better router.
Change The Actiontec Router Wi-Fi Password
- First, open your browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. Press enter.
- Type admin in the Login I’d box. Do not type something into the password box.
- Once the router has entered the default login information, you may have access to your router’s admin settings panel.
- Now, click Setup at the top of the page.
- Select the Wireless Settings on the left side of the router page.
- After that, click the guide wireless Connection Setup.
- Scroll down to Wi-Fi, the Pre-Shared Key or network Key field.
- Now type a new Wi-Fi password in the Pre-Shared Key or community Key field.
- In the end, click on save Settings. Close the window to store the new password.
How To Secure Actiontec Router
- First, open any browser.
- Enter the IP address in the URL address area.
- After that, enter Username and Password.
- Now choose the wireless settings option on the login page.
- After that, you can select the manual wireless configuration option.
- Change the name of your wireless network.
- Navigate to Safety Mode and select the WPA-personal option.
- In the WPA section, use the drop-down menu to choose the most secure WPA2 option.
- Eventually, change the pre-shared key you use to gain access to your network.
- Android Mobile Hard Reset
- Android Mobile Backup
- Android Mobile Hidden Codes
- Android Mobile Flash File
- Android Mobile Software Update